Wednesday 24 September 2014

68 Days To Go!

Day 1 is in the books folks! 

This afternoon Ellie and I had to go to the doctors. She's had a yucky cough and I just wanted to make sure everything was ok. Which it is :) On the way we stopped by Starbucks for a little pick me up before we got on the bus. 



Side note - when in London and in need of an iced coffee. You MUST say that you would like an iced filter coffee. Otherwise they have no idea what you're talking about. It was a long, hard summer before I figured that one out! 

I have to say, the degree to which I have not been hungry today has surprised me. That being said, check out this plate of food!



Dinner was more flank steak from Simply Recipes. Honestly, I cannot recommend this dish highly enough. So freaking good! I had it with zoodles. They are my new favorite side. There is a wonderful little device called the Vegetti, which you can get on Amazon. It spiralizes foods such as zucchini, cucumber, carrot, etc. Zoodles = Zuchinni + Noodles, get it? I sautéed a large shallot for a few minutes and then added the zoodles and a few sliced cherry tomatoes. When that was all ready I added the sliced flank steak to the same pan to warm through. Easy Peasy! I poured a little of my salad dressing from lunch over the zoodles and tomatoes. So good!! Don't be surprised if this exact meal shows up again tomorrow.

On to day 68....



No comments:

Post a Comment