Wednesday 24 September 2014

Grilled Flank Steak Salad With Avocado, Apple and Cashews

"I had no sugars, no dairy, I had no carbs. All I ate was meat, fish, veggies and fruit. That's it. For 67 straight days." - Lebron James

So that's what I'm doing. Not a whole lot to go on. But if it's good enough for Lebron (who in my mind I keep thinking is Shaq) it's good enough for me. The reason I believe I can do this is that I can still start every day off with one of these:


Living in London has many perks. At the top of the list is a little gem of an Italian coffee shop right around the corner. I can do anything as long as I'm fueled with a large American with almond milk!

My two year old daughter, Ellie, just started nursery for 3 hours every morning. I now have the luxury of 3 glorious hours every morning all to myself. The beauty of that is if I want to have lunch at  10:30 am I can stop whatever I'm doing and do just that. Today I had this salad.  It is red leaf lettuce with cucumber, tomato, avocado, apple and cashews. It is topped with THIS flank steak from Simply Recipes. Make this steak! It is by far the best and the easiest thing I make. We eat it at least once a week. It is so simple and so good! I've found the trick is in letting it marinate for 2 days. If you've only got 12 hours, don't get me wrong, it's still really good. But if you can plan ahead, you won't be sorry! I quickly whipped up a balsamic dressing. That recipe can be found HERE. I added the minced to shallot recommendation and loved it.



So now it's 1:30 and Ellie is down for a nap. Oh glorious girl, please never stop taking a nap! I'm snacking on this pear & almond butter. Day One, almost done....

No comments:

Post a Comment